Monday, August 9, 2010

Captive Thoughts

Welcome to my new blog. I'm really trying to become more proficient at writing, so I thought I’d like to start a new blog to aid the process. I’m going to call it; My Captive Thoughts, because most of the post will examine the random ideas that pass through my head. I want to "capture and cross examine” them more thoroughly to see where they came from and if they’re really true. I may put a few pictures up but probably not as many as I do in my other blog called Stonehouse Revelations. The Stonehouse will be full of pictures and will chronicle our up and coming trip to Kenya.
 Here's the link; … http://noahrcv.blogspot.com/ .

I am not real sure if anyone else but me will profit much from “ My Captive Thoughts” . As I previously stated it will primarily be for meet to examine what I think. Over the years I have found that writing down my thoughts actually helps me process ideas that show up in my head. If I let ideas run around in my head long enough and go unchallenged, they begin to shape who I am; so it might be advantageous to "lock them up" by writing them down till I can know if they are beneficial or not. The name of this blog; "Captive Thoughts", came from a letter written to people who lived in Corinth, two thousand years ago, and struggled with the same problems.

"Casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts its self against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." (2 Corinthians 10:5)

I intend to subject all my opinions and theories to the mind of Christ. He alone is my ultimate truth and has the power to change not only what I think but also the process I use to in coming to my conclusions.

There is a saying that I have always loved and it describes the importance of examining what you think. It goes like this.....

"Watch over your thoughts for they become words. Watch over your words because they become actions. Watch over your actions because they become habits. Watch over your habits because they become character. Watch over your character for it will become your destiny."

Many people fret and wonder about their destiny.... yet perhaps they should be more concerned about what they let stay in their heads.

I remember my father always telling me there were just some things that I would never be any good at. Now, I'm relatively sure I gave him plenty of good reasons to think that way. The problem was, his thoughts stayed unchallenged in my brain for a long time and it wasn't untill I was in my forty’s that I found out that most of his opinions were not true.

As a result; some things I never attempted, other’s I quit way before I had given suffecient time to even learn them. There were many things, good things, I missed out on, because I never challenged my dad’s view point of me. Hence my thoughts began to write my destiny. Now I don’t blame my father for giving his opinion, it is up to me to “examine all things and hold to what’s good” (2 Thessalonians 5:21). As has been said..."I may not be able to keep the birds from flying over my head....but I can keep them from nesting in my hair".

So for better or worse this blog is where I intend to “take captive and cross examine” all things I currently believe.

RCV Grandfather

No comments:

Post a Comment