Thursday, May 29, 2014

The Song of the Lamb

The Song of the Lamb

I woke up yesterday morning feeling unusually ‘happy’. Almost giddy, like nothing was expected of me and I was on my way to some wonderful place to do some wonderful thing. It was so very, very pleasant. Please don’t misinterpret me as saying I’m mostly sad or don’t like what I do every day, because nothing could be further from the truth.

The peace and joy of our dear Father is with me constantly; always lifting me above what seems to be threatening or fearful and always calming my anxious heart, telling me that what I do, no matter how small… matters to Him. Nor was this sudden manifestation of happiness the result of all the wonderful things recently going on with us and the ministry. No; this is very different.

There are just some times when I simply feel … unusually happy. And those times seem to be coming more frequently. Yesterday was one of those times. The day was filled with taxing responsibilities and problematic concerns. I came home that night totally exhausted but … unusually happy.

During these sudden and unprovoked attacks of happiness all of creation seems to be amplified. The Sun is more radiant and golden, the trees suddenly seem to be alive, the clouds are beckoning me to join them, and the wind… becomes simply… intoxicating. I feel completely in sync with the whole of creation.

How can I describe this wonderful feeling? When it comes it’s as if I have suffered amnesia and forgotten all my past mistakes, all my present faults, all the problems, challenges and future worries. Even the idea of entertaining those concerns feels alien and not a part of me. They seem ridiculously irrelevant.   

For the duration of this mysterious bliss… I cannot fathom worrying about anything or anyone… not even about myself.

I have also learned that when this strange mood comes over me never to try and make it last or understand it. I just… enjoy and surrender to it.

That being said… I’m relatively sure if this feeling lingered too long, I would become totally useless to everyone around me and might even appear… delirious.

For if we are beside ourselves (being insane), it is for God; or if we are of sound mind, it is for you. (2Co 5:13)

The only thing that accompanies this blissful emotion is the presence of an exotic worship and adoration of God. This is not the praise or worship of received blessings or deliverance's. This is a spontaneous, effortless adoration that seems to be coming from somewhere deep inside me… much, much deeper than where my own mind or emotions reside or for that matter… even my consciousness.

It’s as though this happiness doesn't even belong to me… like someone is sharing his feelings through me, yet at the same time it feels as if this is how I was always meant to feel.

I'm beginning to think I know what it is.

This feeling has much the same effect on me as listening to an old song that has the power to take you back in your past, while conjuring up previous joys and experiences. For a little while it has the power… to translate me somewhere I otherwise (at this present time) could never be.

Now that I think about it, I am sure that this wonderful feeling of bliss must be as a result of hearing a song being sung by the Lord Jesus Himself. This song is much too powerful and pure to be sung by anyone else.
It reaches deep inside of me where only He can go. This song… doesn't take me to the past … it lets me ‘taste’ my future.

… for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come,… (Heb 6:4-5)

I think this song and resulting mysterious happiness are part of the ‘tasting’ the powers of the age to come and that we are supposed to be experiencing here and now. This song is His song… being sung inside of me to His Father… a preview of a concert that will be sung by all heaven and earth and will never end.

I think this mysterious feeling of bliss and its accompanying worship is teaching me and a host of others to sing a new song that we will sing with Christ and all creation. It is His song and His praise… it’s the Song of the Lamb.

They sing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying: "Great and marvelous are Your works, Lord God Almighty! Just and true are Your ways, O King of the saints! Rev_15:3 

I've not always heard this song or maybe I didn't know I was hearing the song but I knew every time I felt that mysterious happiness my heart wanted to start singing along. Now I know I am here on this earth for no other reason than to learn the words of that song. Now, not later in heaven, is the time to learn the words. 

And one day soon we will sing not only with Him…

They sang as it were a new song before the throne, before the four living creatures, and the elders; and no one could learn that song except the hundred and forty-four thousand who were redeemed from the earth. Rev_14:3 

But … to Him.
And they sang a new song, saying: "You are worthy to take the scroll, And to open its seals; For You were slain, And have redeemed us to God by Your blood Out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, Rev_5:9 

So if you wake up tomorrow and begin to feel that mysterious attack of ‘heavenly happiness’ … don’t be late for choir practice.

StoneHouse Ministries International



No comments:

Post a Comment